Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back After a Short Break

"Cherry Hair" from Jet Doll worn with "My Spanish Gown."

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted. I'm still pursuing my second life. I've been gathering information and taking snapshots in the hope that I can use this blog to review the period clothes and places in sl. I'm also still discovering who I am. Currently I seem to have settled in the early twentieth century; mostly twenties to forties. I have a huge wardrobe for several different time periods and have even strayed a little into the realm of creatures, etc. My inventory consists of 16,700+ items; which may be some kind of record for a two month old.
"Irene" hair by Vita Boudoir, "Equestrienne" skirt and bustle by Icing.
I've made some friends; as well. I found some really fun places where the people are also friendly. This has been wonderful; as the slime factor in a couple of the places I was drawn to was really getting to me.
So first; the clothes. I found some new favorite places; Sonnata Morales, Donna Flora, Ivalde, Nonna Hedges, Ephemera and Grim Bros.



 I may not always give you all the info on something I'm wearing in a picture, but I'll give you as much as I can and enough of a hint to find the rest, I hope. You'll have to look things up in the search engines in Second Life  and on Marketplace; their online shopping section of their web site. I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. There will be mistakes and typos; I admit this freely; with an illness like mine you can't help it. To me the most important thing is to try and get this out there, so little details may get missed. That's my full disclosure and I stick by it.

A friend and I about to ride a huge silly lizard after attending a glamorous burlesque show at The New Champagne Rooms. The Lizard is from Gor, my friend is wearing Vita Boudoir and I am wearing Nicky Ree.
 In my upcoming posts I plan to take one designer and review their work as a whole and also show examples of some of the best and worst of their work. I'll share with you where their bargains can be found as well; and hope fully be able to give you enough information so that you can find their inworld stores and do shopping of your own. I'll be looking forward to your feedback and comments as I share my thoughts with you.


"Bloody Mary" hat and an adoreable dress from Vita Boudoir


Anyway, have fun, shop 'till you drop and be nice to those you meet in real and virtual life.

No comments:

Post a Comment