Friday, October 14, 2011

No More Backward Glances...

I've decided I want to live in the present, no more backward glances. I feel very frustrated trying to remember exactly the process of something I've done in here, so I think I'm going to try for immediacy..so if I buy a frock and I love it, I want to review it that day or the next, not create a bunch of folders where there is a lot of backed up stuff I'd like to review but I acquired ages ago.


So I recently bought three outfits from Karma's Destiny (I'm about to tp to their store inworld; wearing one of the outfits,) and I've had varying success with them that I think I'll write about. (Note: Store no longer at inworld location.)

On the whole I've loved looking at what she has on offer for awhile; and the one outfit I had; "My Spanish Rose" is exquisite and I love it,.So I was excited to see she had three of four pieces based on the Anna Valerious character from Van Helsing; including four versions of Anna's basic battle gear; two with red velvety looking corset, red Romanian embroidered shirt, leather pants, embroidered black Romanian shirt (The colour of the embroidery, not the shirt,) one leather corset with buckles and one other corset of unknown material. etc.. The jacket has always been my favorite part of her outfits, so I was happy to see one of them rendered pretty close to the movie version (she tends to "base" her designs on movie costumes.) So I picked one and bought it. At 400L it was a little on the expensive side, but as that is basically 2 pounds it's not exactly breaking the bank.

Luckily I've been getting better and better at editing and my friend; Madame X had just suggested I stretch some sleeves which weren't working, so now I know you can stretch clothing items, too! This is a revelation,  because two of the three items I bought needed extensive editing to make them work..I've been doing a lot of editing lately, putting things in a house or two and working on repositioning hats on my head on top of wigs, etc..

Anyway, the basic elements of the outfit were going really well, but  then I put on the jacket; which comes in five parts; the torso, upper sleeves and lower sleeves. The torso was fine, but the sleeves were awful. This outfit would have proved useless if I hadn't been practicing so much editing lately. Basically, there were big gaps which showed the blouse underneath on the sleeves. So I started stretching or expanding, really the sleeves so that the jacket would fit me. It took a lot to finally get rid of the holes, and I'm not sure I like the way it turned out, but it is better than it was.




So here it is, the final product. As you can see, the sleeves are slightly askew, giving a slight hunchback effect, but as soon as I evened them up that was taken care of. I've bought another version of this outfit to try, but until I've had a chance to edit them as well, this is the only review I have. So on to other news:

For the last three months I've only posted about once a month. This is because I've gotten quite busy with a couple of land projects. The first was just a private house for my own use, though I wanted to have some fetes, balls and a weekly salon there as well. All this editing came in handy as I was furnishing the place.
I got so into all this I've gone through three seperate houses and started creating my own sim. This is taking up most of my time.
Hopefully I'll get to posting more; especially about the progress on the sim, etc..But who knows, I need to write about what excites me at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment