Thursday, July 21, 2011

An Interlude

Before I get into the big blog article on the 18th century look, I thought a quick post about a recent adventure was in order; particularly since I have an amusing experience to recount and the pictures to go with it.

At the ball. I am wearing Ephemera, Madame X is in a gown by Arundel.
I was with Madame X, as usual; and I/we decided to attend a ball at a private estate residence that I'd managed to get a last minute  invitation to. We got all dressed up and went and after standing around for a bit, (yawn,) I suggested that we dance; and as there was a shortage of male partners; that we dance with each other. After I convinced her that we weren't breaking any period etiquette or other rules, we proceeded to have a pretty good time whirling around each other. After awhile I got really bored, however, so I asked Madame X if she wanted to take a tour of the place with me. I'd seen a sign at the entrance indicating a path to the "Winery," and I thought we should have a look. So we went for a walk on the balcony and ended up at the front entrance again, where we followed a stony path to a waterfront.

Some adorable little raccoons we encountered on the path. Aren't they brilliant??
We saw a rather large whale cavorting in the waves. Well, you can imagine what an experience that was, but we continued walking and after a bit we discovered a large building with an huge barrel filled up with grapes in front of it. Now it never would have occured to me to do this, but Madame X is fearless and before I knew what she was about, she was in the barrel jumping around and waving her arms in a most vigorous manner; pressing the grapes! Well, I tried jumping in, but it didn't work, so finally she told me to right click and select "sit here," which I did and sooner than you can say; "Reisling" I was in there jumping around like Lucy with Ethel!


Lucy and Ethel smashing grapes in the winery.
Soon we were laughing so hard tears were practically running down our faces. You'll notice it resembles the dancing quite a bit, rather amusing. I don't know if we broke any rules or anything, but it certainly was brilliant fun. Needless to say, I've chalked this one up as one of our more interesting experiences in second life.


Another disaster. Madame X and I at the bottom of the ocean where I crashed one of my new planes.
I am wearing the Amelia Earheart outfit by Reasonable Desires.
I still have some odd vehicles to show her so we can have some more bizarre adventures. A few planes, a huge roadster, and I'm sure she's found more as well. (As she is wont to do..)

Not exactly the right outfit to wear to drive an early twentieth century roadster.
From the second life marketplace under "vehicles 0L - 10L."
Who knows, maybe one day we will have an OOC (out of character) "Odd Vehicle Race" with other people who love dressing up..! Sounds like brilliant fun.

 It does seem to be a little competition we have going in a way; "who has found the weirdest/coolest most bizarre free/cheap vehicle in second life and how dressed up can we get to drive/fly/sink it???"  In all events, it's glorious fun and I look forward to many more.  I still have not had a chance to show her my free Millenium Falcon!  I wonder if it's a two seater?

No comments:

Post a Comment